What I’m Learning:
One cool thing I learned at work last week:
– Nicole hosted a lunch and learn for excel! I’m far from an excel expert, but I have a much better understanding of the functions, uses, and capabilities of excel now.
One cool thing I learned outside of work last week:
– I bought renters insurance for the first time! It was much easier than I thought. I basically downloaded an app, punched in my info, and boom. It was done!
What I’m Creating:
One example of how I created value at work last week:
– I learned how to send DocuSigns and onboard new employees.
What project I’m currently working on at my BP:
– Building out our new managers downloadable guide
– Building out some employee onboarding resources
– Building out some new coaching resources for our coaches
– Building out a way to track customer lifecycles
– And the list goes on and on!
What I’m doing to become a better version of myself overall:
– I started reading Building a Story brand. As someone who does a lot of content writing, I think the concept of telling a story is becoming more and more important. I just started it this weekend so I’m not super far in, but I’m looking forward to all that I’ll learn.
Who lead the Praxis Wednesday workshop?
– This week my boss, Foram, lead the workshop. Foram is one of the ALV co-founders and a leadership coach.
What was the exercise?
– We talked through 4 main questions.
Question 1) What are you doing outside of your own job responsibilities?
Question 2) What would they say is a strength of yours?
Question 3) How do you leverage your strengths and communicate what you can do?
Question 4) What are you going to commit to starting tomorrow?
What is my takeaway?
– I have a new focus on how I’m leaving a legacy at work. What I’m building that will sustain past the time that I’m there.