What I’m Learning:
– One cool thing I learned at work last week:
I learned how to categorize businesses as public, private, and NGO. Public business are usually involved in the government. Private companies are what most businesses are. They are LLC’s, corporations, etc. NGO’s are non-profits.
– One cool thing I learned outside of work last week:
I learned that plant shopping makes me really happy. We made succulent gardens and had a lot of fun chatting about life. It was a unique way to spend time with my friend.
What I’m Creating:
– One example of how I created value at work last week:
Through some of the LinkedIn content, I’ve been creating I booked a sales intro meeting that went really well!
– What project I’m currently working on at my BP:
I really like this list format so without further adieu!
This week my little projects include:
finishing the featured content sliders
adding testimonial quotes to our coaches bios
reviewing guest bloggers work and building out the topical guest blogging calendar
reaching out to female-founded companies to be featured on our blog
reaching out to companies with cool job openings to be featured on our 9 cool jobs blog post
My bigger projects include:
revamping the corporate sales cycle
upping our SEO game in blog posts and site pages
making plans to shoot company specific stock photos
(this is a much bigger picture) getting the company twitter verified! – that said, go follow us @alvcoaching!
founding females series
– What I’m doing to become a better version of myself overall:
I started training for a marathon! It’s been challenging but I’m really excited to see how it plays out.
Weekly Wednesday Workshop:
– What Praxis Wednesday session did you attend last week (ie. what was the topic & who was the guest)?
Madison Kanna, personal branding and how to document well.
– What was your favorite highlight from the session?
Madison is a model turned programmer so she knows a lot about how to create value and show value. Most of the time people are unsure how to capture the value they are creating. It’s really cool for her to speak to the process of how she did and some best practices she has for getting the most out of what you create.
– What was your biggest takeaway from that session?
It’s not about how basic the value is when we document well, we open a lot of really cool doors for ourselves.
– How do you intend to apply that takeaway to your life?
I’m going to commit to writing a blog post every week teaching something I have learned to others.