What I’m Learning:
– One cool thing I learned at work last week:
Actually learned about the Fyre Fraud from one of the co-founders. Super interesting documentary if you haven’t watched. The one on Netflix is called Fyre. The one on Hulu is called Fyre Fraud. I would recommend the Netflix one; it includes more facts and interviews in place of other random content.
– One cool thing I learned outside of work last week:
Who’s got the monkey. I’m going to start keeping my own monkeys; I challenge you to do the same.
What I’m Creating:
– One example of how I created value at work last week:
I finished building out our new Health and Wellness Coaching page. It went live on 1/24/19.
– What project I’m currently working on at my BP:
Each week I feel like this is a loaded question. I’m working on so many little projects along with bigger projects I never quite know how to answer.
This week my little projects include:
adding a suggested content plugin to our blog
adding topical blog posts to a press slider and embedding it on the related topics page
adding testimonial quotes to our coaches bios
scheduling out blog content & starting to identify people we want to be guest bloggers
My bigger projects include:
finishing the health and wellness coaching page
revamping the corporate sales cycle
upping our SEO game in blog posts and site pages
making plans to shoot company specific stock photos
– What I’m doing to become a better version of myself overall:
Currently reading “Don’t do stuff you hate” by Issac Moorehouse and Mitchell Earl
I’m really assessing why I hate the things I “hate.” I’m thinking through what parts of the activity that I hate and how I can stop doing those specific parts; so I have more time to do the things I love.
Weekly Wednesday Workshop:
– What Praxis Wednesday session did you attend last week (ie. what was the topic & who was the guest)?
We didn’t have a guest speaker we did breakout sessions!
– What was your favorite highlight from the session?
I always love breakouts because it gives me the ability to chat with more people throughout the session.
– What was your biggest takeaway from that session?
This question: “If you had to name the three most important ways in which you’ve grown or become more valuable this past month, what are they?”
Asking better questions
Being the catch-all problem solver for social media and the website
– How do you intend to apply that takeaway to your life?
I need to learn to walk in my expertise. While I don’t know everything I have a few areas that I do have valuable knowledge in, it’s time I started leaning into that knowledge.