1) I will 9 times out of 10 not use a plate just so that I don’t have to wash it.
Dishes suck. My dishwasher can’t run a good cycle to save its life. If I can eat that toast over the sink, you bet I will.
2) I’m much more of a neat freak than I thought.
I’m confident my neighbors hate me because I vacuum quite regularly.
3) When it comes to cooking, I would much rather not.
That’s no surprise though, the surprise is that I prefer dedicating a day to prepping meals. This way I can only spend a few minutes all the other days actually cooking.
4) Coffee is a morning must.
Nothing like a little caffeine jolt to help wake you up.
5) The train isn’t a bad commute.
I just have to make sure I wash my hands as soon as possible after I get off. Hello, germ heaven.
6) I can actually stick to a sleep schedule.
What I never thought to be possible is actually a dream come true. I have been able to consistently be in bed before 10 pm. This has resulted in much easier mornings.
7) I’m an avid snacker.
I never knew how much I snacked until I realized I actually do it all day long. No shame.
8) Exploring new cities is something I really enjoy.
It’s something about making the unknown known…
9) I should look at the weather more often.
It rained, it poured, lesson learned.
10) Life is really easy to love when you find ways to unplug.
This month I unplugged from social media. In the midst of moving, starting a new job, finding my footing, I was having the time of my life. I wasn’t glued to my phone because I was glued to the present. No longer did I have to try to combat my FOMO, or fight the battle of comparison. I was free.