What I’m Learning:
One cool thing I learned at work last week:
- How to build out press sliders in the WordPress plugin we use. Instead of just using them for press content we are repurposing them on some other pages to enhance our user experience and up our coaches bios. After our coaches have written a handful of blog posts we are going to create a press slider to sit at the bottom of their bio of all their content.
One cool thing I learned outside of work last week:
- I learned how to make homemade dark chocolate with this recipe. What I learned is that it’s really important to make over LOW heat – so you don’t burn the cocoa powder.
What I’m Creating:
One example of how I created value at work last week:
- I drafted b2b potential client follow up emails which were sent out to all the clients who weren’t interested at our original time of contact.
What project I’m currently working on at my BP:
- Currently working on getting the ducks in a row to shoot ALV specific stock photos! (still working on it!)
What I’m doing to become a better version of myself overall:
- Sticking with my daily photography challenge to enhance and grow my own portfolio.
Weekly Wednesday Workshop:
What Praxis Wednesday session did you attend last week (ie. what was the topic & who was the guest)?
- Nick Rundlett – he spoke on writing your own ticket.
What was your favorite highlight from the session?
- Doing 10% more than what’s expected.
What was your biggest takeaway from that session?
- I have the power to change the game. I just have to choose to make it happen. I’m holding it in my hands I have to make use of it.
How do you intend to apply that takeaway to your life?
- I have always done a good job of changing the game, however, I feel like I’m backed off that in the startup environment so it’s important that I lean into it.