What I’m Learning:
One cool thing I learned at work last week:
- I learned how to balance a lot. I just took on a couple more projects at work and balance is becoming the key!
One cool thing I learned outside of work last week:
- Whole 30 is something people do after the age of 25 every January, so you have that to look forward too. (I don’t get it cause January has 31 days, but whatever floats yo boat.)
What I’m Creating:
One example of how I created value at work last week:
- I imported the projects for the coaches taking on our ASU Executive MBA project so that my boss didn’t have to do it and everything was ready to go for the coaches.
What project I’m currently working on at my BP:
- Currently working on getting the ducks in a row to shoot ALV specific stock photos!
What I’m doing to become a better version of myself overall:
- Reading 25 pages a day! So far I’ve finished The War of Art & I’m about 200 pages into Think Like A Freak.
Weekly Wednesday Workshop:
What Praxis Wednesday session did you attend last week (ie. what was the topic & who was the guest)?
- Jack Sayler, how to achieve peak performance at work.
What was your favorite highlight from the session?
- The 25 minute debate that followed over the validity of the question, “what’s up?”
What was your biggest takeaway from that session?
- Using language that is inclusive instead of exclusive. So saying something like “my pleasure” instead of “no problem.” While no problem is often said in a positive way, the word no is negative so it’s exclusive.
How do you intend to apply that takeaway to your life?
- I’m very away of how I’m messaging things now. Trying not to use any negative words. Allowing my language to be open and inclusive.
What was the exercise assigned by the guest and what did you learn from it?
- Thinking through something that we normally say that was exclusive and how we can reframe that to be more meaningful and inclusive.